Halal is the word that is storming the food industry all over the world. Many consumers are demanding to have halal products and are abandoning brands that are not providing such products. Many companies have indeed started to produce products with halal certification Canada and these products are considered as the finest that come to the market. Let’s know about what halal is and why it is considered as the standard for highest quality.
Definition of Halal
The word Halal originated in the Arabic language and it literally means “permitted” or “lawful”. It applies to many fields and practices as found in the Holy Book of Muslims – The Quran. When it comes to food products, there are certain dietary standards that food has to fulfil without any alterations. According to a halal certification agency, halal food can be described with the following characteristics.
• In Islamic Holy Text, there are many components that are prohibited for eating. Any food devoid of such components completely can be considered as halal food.
• The utensils or machinery or equipment or the combination of these should be cleansed as mentioned in Quran. This applies to small scale production of large scale manufacturing. Processed food, manufactured food products, homemade food, etc. should be made on the equipment following the cleansing methods of Islam.
Prohibited Foods or Components
The halal certification services follow strict protocol while evaluating food products that come under scrutiny. There are many foods or components that are prohibited and the list follows: alcohol, intoxicants, enzymes, non-halal gelatine, fat of non-halal animals, pork, lipase, lard, meat broth of unspecified nature, rennet, stock, tallow from non-halal animals, carnivorous animals, contaminated food, etc. All these are not allowed to be present in the food products and not even minor traces are not allowed.
Global Demand and scope
The specifications and restrictions may seem very difficult for the liking of food manufacturers; but, there are many benefits of getting the halal label from halal certification Canada.
• There is a great demand for halal food in EU, USA, Middle East, Central Asia, Asia Pacific, etc. and most of the major food brands do not have a halal label. Hence, they are losing out business on the majorly populated areas in the world.
• Devoid of religion, people are looking to buy halal products and having a halal logo will bring great authority to a food brand.
• It is estimated that companies with halal logo have reached to as much as 200% of profit in the recent years.
• Having halal logo means getting closer to the Muslims all over the world. This means that 25% of the world’s population would show interest in the food products. Further, the logo would help more sales in Islamic countries.
• The customer will have hygienic food and can be assured of purity.
• The global food standards will improve as no method is stricter than halal when it comes to processing and evaluating food products.
All these factors have made globally important and all the multinational companies are approaching halal certification servicesto get certified.