Teens are very complex creatures. We can all agree on that. They require a lot of attention and dedication. If you do one wrong thing, they will hate you forever. So you need to be very careful with them. When it comes to decorating their room, Furniture Express Toronto has some wonderful ideas on how to decorate a teens room. It can be tough, but it is worth trying. Doing something nice for teens will make them like you more. If you are not sure how to decorate the room, but you want to do it, keep reading till the end and you will make their room magical.
They educate themselves, make decisions, become individuals and try to express themselves. And therefore, for some parents it is very difficult to decide how to decorate the room in which teenagers spend most of their time, studying, hanging out with friends, listening to music and many other things. So that room should be appropriate for all those things. Challenging huh? Yes, it is but you need to do it for the sake of your child.
Gone are the days of child gentle decor, from teddy bears or wallpaper with elephants. But teens are not quite ready for crystal chandeliers, too. The transition of decoration can be a challenge, but not insurmountable. In fact, with a little guidance, decorating teenage bedroom offers a rare opportunity to fit all aspects of life.
- Use bold color combinations.
- Go with splendor.
- Let one thing to be eccentric.
- Provide plenty of shelving.
- Select bold geometric patterns.
- Put some wall decor.
- Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity.
- Use bright colors.
- Use the black accents.
- Incorporate cheerful details.
- Use wallpaper.
- Take advantage of the “fifth wall” (ceiling).
- Use mixed patterns.
- Create a place for socializing.
- Select teenage-friendly artwork.
- Incorporate workspace.
- Place strategic lighting.
- Use luxury textiles.
- Insert intuitive storage space.
- Decorate with plants and flowers.
- Add a youthful twist with sophisticated elements.
- Decorate according to interests.
- Select a unique element.
- Be creative to create the right atmosphere for your teen.
- Keep nonchalance and make sure it fits into their everyday life.
But if you are not sure that your teen will like these ideas, tell them about your plans and ask them to participate in the process. This will make them so happy. Teens get pretty excited when it comes to decorating and putting new things in their room. This will bring you closer and your kid will love you and consider you as a cool parent. Don’t you want that? Of course you do. So start creating a plan for your teens room and start working. Maybe a surprise will be better. You probably know what your kid likes so make sure they get that.